- Indicate the statistical tests used in combination with all appropriate parameters: e.g., suggest and standard deviation (SD): 44% (±3); median and interpercentile range: 7 years (4.5 to 9.5 years).
- Use mean and standard deviation to report typically distributed information.
- Utilize median and interpercentile range to report skewed information.
- For figures, utilize two digits that are significant more accuracy is essential (2.08, maybe maybe not 2.07856444).
- Never ever make use of percentages for really samples that are small, “one out of two” really should not be changed by 50%.
Nonetheless, understand that many journals provide chance for including Supporting Materials, therefore utilize them freely for information of additional value. In this manner, never try to “hide” data within the hope of saving it for the paper that is later. You might lose proof to strengthen your summary. If data are way too numerous, you can make use of those additional materials.
Utilize sub-headings to help keep link between the type that is same, that will be simpler to review and read. Quantity these sub-sections for the capability of interior cross-referencing, but constantly taking into consideration the publisher’s Guide for Authors.
For the data, determine an order that is logical tells a definite tale and causes it to be and simple to comprehend.